UK Emissions Trading Registry
The UK Emissions Trading Registry operates in a similar way to an online bank account. The Registry is a secure web-based application that serves as both the UK Emissions Trading Scheme Registry (UK ETS Registry) and the UK Kyoto Protocol Registry.
UK ETS Registry records include:
- allowances held in Operator Holding Accounts, Aircraft Operator Holding Accounts, Trading Accounts and Government Accounts
- the movement of allowances between accounts and details of verified emissions and allowances surrendered by operators
- matters relating to the free allocation of allowances to Operator Holding Accounts and Aircraft Operator Holding Accounts
UK Kyoto Protocol Registry records include:
- international units held in Person Holding Accounts and Government Accounts
- the movement of international units between accounts
- the details of any international units arising from the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) transferred to Person Holding Accounts from the CDM Registry
Apply for access to the Registry
Operators of stationary installations and Aircraft Operators who have been issued with UK ETS permits or plans will have Operator Holding Accounts or Aircraft Operator Holding Accounts opened for them by the Registry Administrator, and will receive instructions about how to access these when they are available.
Individuals or organisations that wish to receive, hold or trade UK ETS allowances can apply to open a Trading Account in the UK ETS Registry. For participation in the Kyoto Protocol, individuals or organisations that wish to receive, hold or trade international units can apply to open a Person Holding Account in the UK Kyoto Protocol Registry.
All users must create a sign in to access the Registry.
Before you start
- your work email address
- a mobile phone or tablet to set up two-factor authentication
- your full name and date of birth
- your work contact details, including phone number and address
Create a Registry sign in
You can apply online for a Registry sign in. You'll need a smartphone that can download a third party application to complete this process.Create sign in
I already have a Registry sign in
You'll need your password and two-factor authentication app, for example FreeOTP, to sign in to the Registry.Sign in