Accessibility Statement for UK Emissions Trading Registry
This accessibility statement applies to the whole of the UK Emissions Trading Registry.
This website is run by UK ETS Authority and UK International Climate Team. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen and without content being truncated or overlapping
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Data tables will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window. Data tables are exempt from the WCAG 2.1 reflow requirement, and may require some horizontal scrolling in order to view all the content of those tables.
- For VoiceOver screen reader software users, black triangles may be mentioned in the sortable data table headings. These will not impact on how the tables can be sorted, and can be ignored.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: ETRegistryHELP@environment-agency.gov.uk
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Feedback and contacting us
Contact us by emailing the UK Registry Helpdesk.
The website contains an interactive business process rather than static information, so the contents are not available in alternative formats.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
UK ETS Authority and UK International Climate Team is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some text elements in combo boxes are difficult to read when using Zoom. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.10 (reflow).
We plan to either edit the combo boxes, or replace them with radio buttons that have labels that do reflow when using Zoom in the next update to the website.
Where forms collect personal information, the autofill attributes are not correctly set to allow browsers to help complete those forms. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.5 (identify input purpose).
We plan to add the autofill attributes in the next update to the website.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
To login and register to the to use the website, users must use an app for two-factor authentication. The app is outside of the control of the UK ETS Authority and UK International Climate Team.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 14 December 2020. It was last reviewed on 23 December 2020.
This website was last tested on 12 December 2020. The test was carried out by Test Partners Ltd.
The HTML pages were tested against WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
In addition, pages were also tested using the following assistive technologies:
- JAWS screen reader (latest) with Windows 10 and Chrome
- NVDA screen reader (latest) with Windows 10 and Firefox
- VoiceOver screen reader for macOS (latest) with Safari
- VoiceOver screen reader for iOS (latest) with Safari
- ZoomText screen magnifier with speech (latest) with Windows 10 and Chrome
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking voice recognition software (latest) with Windows 10 and Chrome
The final stage of testing was with people with a variety of accessibility needs, including screen reader software users, screen magnification software users, voice recognition software users and people with learning difficulties. Their feedback was used to enhance the accessibility provided by the website.Back to top